- 6, 8, 12, 16, 19, 24, 28, 33, 41, 49, 53, 57 & 70 Seat Coaches
- Radio, CD or cassette & PA Systems
- Full 3 point seat belts
- All drivers are fully cleared by the CRB to drive
- Courteous, uniformed drivers
- TV & DVD/Video's fitted on selected vehicles
- Clean & Reliable, Modern Coaches
- Executive Coaches available upon request
- Wheelchair Access Coaches from 6 to 53 seats
- Average age of our Coaches is only 5 years 21 days
- All vehicles fitted with satellite tracking systems
Making a Booking
- Airport Transfers
- Cruise Ship Transfers
- Sightseeing Tours
- Conference Travel
- Theatre Trips
- Visits to Museums or Stately Homes
- Mystery Tours
- Trips to the Coast
- Shopping Trip
- Theme Parks and Zoos
- Visits to Major Shows and Exhibitions
- Garden Visits
- C2C Cycle Transport & Luggage Transfers
- Educational Visits
- Special Interest Study Tours
- Golf Tours
- Corporate and Business Travel
We cater for all types of groups from clubs, associations, societies, schools, colleges, and universities, incoming tourists, or business travellers. Whether your groups are children or senior citizens, tourists or diplomats we have coaches to suit all needs.
Contact Stanley Coaches for a quotation. You can be sure that we care about you our, valued customer. So if service, reliability and value for money are major considerations when you hire a coach, contact us today!
- Date of travel
- Number of people travelling
- Type of coach you would like to hirev
Exact pick up times and postal addresses
(maps are always helpful when you accept our quotation)
- Details of any stops required enroute
- A full list of pickup and drop off points
Destination, postal address and expected arrival time
(maps again are useful when you accept our quotation)
- Departure times and expected arrival time back to the drop off point
- If the coach hire is required for a multi day tour a full timed itinerary will be required
- Finally, are there any extra requirements or special needs
Day of Hire
- Stanley Coaches office is open Monday to Friday 0900 to 1700, Telephone 01207 237424
- Outside of these hours we have an enquiry line which can be contacted on 01207 230000 (between 7am & midnight, 7 days a week.)
- In order for your trip to run smoothly, the driver will take instructions from the group leader only. This person should identify themselves to the driver.
- The coach will always arrive at the pick up point at the time booked, please have your group ready to board the bus, as in some circumstances there are waiting restrictions in force.
- Please note that for the comfort and safety of all passengers smoking is prohibited on our coaches.
- At all times gangway and emergency exits should be kept clear.
- Please respect the driver and our coach; use litterbins on coach, as any litter has to be cleared so that the coach is ready for the next hire.
- The driver will attempt to drop you as close to your booked points as possible.
- Please do not ask the driver for additional drop off points, the driver will only drop at the points listed on his/her Work Sheet.
- If the driver is not willing to take a coach into an estate or street, please note his/her decision is final. Coaches are a lot bigger and more expensive than cars or vans and the driver will not take any risks!
Terms of Hire
All quotations are given subject to the company having available a suitable vehicle at the time the hirer accepts the quotation. Quotations are valid for 28 days unless otherwise notified.
A deposit of 20% of the hire fee (minimum £20) is payable on booking the coach with the balance due 14 days before the date of the hire unless the Company has agreed to vary this condition.
3.CANCELLATION BY HIRER
If the hirer wishes to cancel or amend any agreement, the following scale of charges will apply in relation to the total hire charge. 14 days or more before - No charge, 8 - 14 days - 10% of hire, 3 - 7 days - 25% of hire, 1 - 2 days - 50% of hire, Day of hire - Minimum of 85% of hire, Arrival of coach at departure point - 100% of hire.
4.CANCELLATION DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER CONDITIONS
Will be charged as above.
5.CANCELLATION BY COMPANY
In the event of an emergency or an action by the Hirer to vary the agreed conditions, the Company may return all monies paid and without further liability cancel the Contract.
6.DRIVER'S HOURS AND REST PERIODS
The Driver's hours or driving and rest periods are strictly controlled and the current regulations must be complied with. The Company will agree the hours of operation of the hire and these MUST be observed.
The maximum number of passengers allowed on the vehicle is indicated on the vehicle. No standing passengers allowed. Drivers will not carry any extra passengers over the seating capacity of the vehicle.
Will not be carried on any vehicle, except Guide Dogs.
9.VARIATION OF HIRE
If the vehicle is detained late by the Hirer or used for a longer journey than that contracted for, the Company will make an extra charge.
10.CONDUCT OF PASSENGERS
The Driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle. Any passengers whose conduct is in breach of statutory regulations will be removed on the Driver's authority. The Hirer will be responsible for all damages caused to the vehicle by passengers during the hiring.
The Company will not accept liability for any damage or loss of any property, which belongs to any passengers and is left on a vehicle. Any articles of found property recovered from a vehicle will be held at the Depot from where the vehicle is based and may be collected from there.
12.CHANGE OF VEHICLE
The Company may provide a larger vehicle than the size hired at no additional charge. The Company reserves the right to hire another Coach Operator to cover the hire.
The Company gives advice on journey times in good faith, but does not guarantee the completion of a journey at a specific time and will NOT be liable for inconvenience or loss caused by breakdown or delay.
In the event of a complaint about the Company's services, the hirer should endeavour to seek a solution at the time by seeking assistance from the driver or the Company. If this has not provided a remedy, complaints should be submitted in writing within 14 days of the termination date of hire to Stanley Coaches, Bus Station, Stanley, County Durham, DH9 0TD. Complaints will be acknowledged within 14 working days and the Company will aim to resolve any complaint within 28 days of it being made.
15.RETENTION OF VEHICLE
Unless stated it should not be assumed that any vehicle will remain at the destination until time for the return journey.
The route used, unless the Hirer has advised of a particular route or places to be passed en-route, which will be specified on the confirmation letter, will be at the discretion of the Company and/or the Driver.
Under no circumstances may alcoholic drinks be carried on or consumed upon the vehicle without the express permission of the Company in writing.
For the safety and comfort of all passengers, all coaches are non-smoking.
Seat Belts are fitted on ALL coaches, if you do not wear your seatbelt, the Police can fine YOU £30.00,Clunk, Click Every Trip!.
Our Executive Mobility Coach is based on the renowned Volvo B12M Plaxton Panther, and offers the same high standards of comfort to passengers in wheelchairs as enjoyed by able-bodied passengers.
This coach is available in several different seating combinations.
Although this coach looks exactly the same from the outside as all of our other full size luxury coaches, it offers a flexible mix of reclining seats and the space to accomodate up to 2 static wheelchairs.
There is an access door in the middle of the coach, with a smaller access panel below the door, where the lift is stored.
After sliding the lift out of it's compartment, the operator then unfolds the safety rails, and the lift can then be lowered to street level, or lifted to be level with the coach floor.
Whilst the lift is in motion, there are safety guards which raise automatically at either end of the platfom. When the lift touches either the ground or the floor of the coach, the relevant safety guard lowers to become a gentle ramp.
Whilst the ramp is designed for wheelchair users, it also allows passengers who have minor mobility problems, and may not be able to climb the steps on a coach, access the vehicle in a safe, comfortable and dignified manner.
Once inside the coach, the wheelchair user simply manouevres to a position where the wheelchair can be secured, or an able bodied passenger can move to a standard seat.
Wheelchairs are fixed to the floor of the coach using the latest quick-release clamps, and a full 3 point seatbelt is also provided to ensure maximum safety for the wheelchair user.
This allows a wheelchair user to board the coach, and be securely fastened for their journey in a very short time!
The coach also has all the standard features you would expect to find on an executive coach, such as reclining seats, double glazed windows with curtains, air suspension with kneeling ability to lower the front of the vehicle for easier access, TV & DVD player, CD player, and PA system, as well as a toilet for use on those longer journeys.
The coach is available in any of the accessible layouts as well as a standard 53 seat executive coach.
53 seats with lift for walk-on passengers only.
49 seats with 1 wheelchair user
We must be informed at the time of booking, of the number of wheelchair users travelling, and this number can not be varied within 2 working days of the date of hire.
We reserve the right to use 2 smaller coaches should it be necessary.
All of our coach drivers have been specially trained to use the wheelchair lift, clamps and seat belts for wheelchair users.
Many of the drivers have years of experience in transporting wheelchair users in various smaller coaches in our fleet.