Guidance for Hiring Minibuses and Coaches on
Local and Long Distance Journeys
With roads becoming ever more congested and the risks associated with
arranging school transport increasing, Stanley Travel has minibuses and
coaches perfectly matched to the requirements expected for local and long
distance trips. We prideourselves on being a reputable coach operator,
established since 1961 and have been offering coach services to schools,
colleges and universities for 50 years.
There are a number of simple checks that need to be carried out by schools and similar establishments that will assist you in deciding whether an operator is suitable to carry out your trip. At Stanley Travel we have been independently audited by CoachMarque to ensure that all of the required criteria are met.
We currently undertake many home to school contract journeys for Durham County Council and similar LEAs. On a regular basis we supply operator licence details and insurance documentation to the Transport Monitoring Officers and we can provide this information, on request, confirming that we are correctly licensed and operate within the guidelines set out by VOSA who regulate standards of maintenance and drivers’ hours compliance.
Stanley Travel’s driving staff has been checked by the Criminal Records Bureau to an enhanced level and all of our drivers have their driving licenses independently verified by a third party agency at least every three months.
Stanley Travel has 24 hour contingency plans in place in the event of breakdown or accident.
In addition to the standard requirements above, Stanley Travel has added the following extra checks.
- All vehicles used will be fitted with seat belts.
- Coaches are presented in a clean and safe condition.
- Stanley Travel has a 24 hour point of booking contact number.
- There is an effective and robust complaints procedure.
- Drivers wear a company uniform making them easily identifiable to teachers, parents and students.
- Stanley Travel has a written health and safety policy and risk assessment that is available to schools on request.
If required, further information can be obtained by calling our General Office us on (01207) 237424.
- Large fleet of wheelchair access taxis & Mini buses
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (Pre booking advised)
- 4,6,7,8,12,14,16 & 53 seat modern accessible vehicles
- Specialist in contract work.
- All staff CRB checked and trained by Durham County Council.
- Passenger assistants available if required.
Stanley Travel take pride in the fact that they are one of only a few taxi & coach operators in the North East to cater for disabled persons needs. We offer wheelchair access taxis & minibuses for 1 passenger, right the way up to a 53 seat wheelchair accessible coach so disabled members of your group can still participate in days away!
So whether it be for a trip to the local supermarket, a day trip or a full weeks tour, we can provide the solution you need. You will be in safe hands with the knowledge that all our drivers are fully trained to Durham County Council standards in the safe handling and transporting of disabled passengers and wheelchair restraining systems.